The Bridge of Friendship ® is a gathering designed to give individuals from non-profit organizations, foundations, businesses, local government, and the broader community a chance to truly connect in a comfortable and unique way.
The Bridge encourages networking on a personal level with the hope that each participant’s needs be recognized, collaborative partnerships be initiated and cooperative support be given. Since 2005, many projects and friendships have been born of time shared at the Bridge.
Our aim is for attendees to appreciate that within their diverse special interests lies the common goal of building a stronger community.
Past Bridge of Friendship events and goals:
- 2005: "The Individual" - Identifying similarities and differences as individuals
- 2006: "ʻOhana" - Foster a sense of ʻohana between individuals and organizations that will last beyond the event
- 2007: "Piece of the Puzzle" - Recognize that each person is an important piece of the puzzle toward the success of our larger community
- 2008: "Imagine the Possibilities" - Empower attendees to imagine the possibilities while infusing the aloha spirit into the process
- 2009: "Acts of Giving" - Encourage attendees to reflect on how they could personally make a difference in the lives of others by performing acts of giving
- 2010: "Gratitude" - Inspire participants to transform their internal feelings of gratitude into tangible actions
- 2011: "Interconnectedness" - Cultivate an understanding of our interconnectedness to encourage a feeling of responsibility, belonging, and caring for one another